On this page
For frontline healthcare workers
- Nurses, midwives and allied health professionals can access Nurse Midwife Support, which provides a 24/7 confidential advice and referral service.
- Nursing and Midwifery Health Program Victoria - NMHPV is a free, confidential and independent support service for nurses, midwives and students experiencing sensitive health issues related to their mental health, substance use, family violence or any issue impacting their health and wellbeing.
- Department of Health - Grief and Trauma Support for those in aged care, impacted by COVID-19 - We recognise that the aged care sector is significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This may be residents, staff, family members and friends of those living in aged care facilities. People in the aged care sector may be experiencing trauma as a result of isolation, the death of a loved one, or the loss of routine. Free and confidential support is available in-person, via phone, or online.
- The Victorian Government has a number of mental health resources for healthcare workers
- The medical workforce can access Drs4Drs.com.au and Victorian Doctor’s Health Program for tailored support.
- Australian Psychological website (APS). The APS website includes a number of free resources including information about psychology and how to find a psychologist.
- 5 Ways to Wellbeing - Five Ways to Wellbeing Australia.
- Worksafe has a wide range of resources to support employers to create safe and mentally healthy workplace.
- The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement Tel: 1800 22 22 00.
- The Essential Network for health professionals is a website and mobile application by the Black Dog Institute.
- Smiling Mind has practical tools to support good mental health during challenging times, and is available via the Google Play and Apple Store.
- Be Well Be Safe
- The Pharmacists’ Support Service.
- AMA Victoria Peer Support Service (available to any doctor or medical student, you do not have to be a member of AMA Vic).
- Gathering of Kindness A Touch of kindness with Sharee Johnson - The Hush Foundation:
- Gathering of Kindness: An address by Dr Catherine Crock AM - The Hush Foundation:
Page last updated: 08 Jun 2021