- Coding queries are received by the Secretary of the Committee
- The Secretary prepares the query documents and distributes them to Committee members with the agenda for the next meeting
- Committee members research queries by checking Indexes, Australian Coding Standards, dictionaries, reference books, previous Victorian queries, published national advice, expert coders and clinicians
- Committee members discuss findings at the meeting and formulate responses
- VICC may be forward queries to the national coding authority or other expert body, for further advice
- The Secretary prepares a draft response for confirmation at the following meeting. A draft response may take more than one meeting to confirm
- Once a response is confirmed the enquirer is sent an answer
- The query with its response is published in the Victorian ICD Coding Committee Queries Database quarterly
- Victorian queries published by the national coding authority are not published in the Victorian ICD Coding Queries database
For tips on writing a coding query refer to the Guidelines for writing a coding query.
For more detailed information on the query process, refer to the VICC query process flow chart.