VAHI’s work is supported through a number of advisory, consultative and oversight committees, who provide expert support and advice across the agency’s work.
The peak advisory group is the Agency Advisory Committee (AAC). The AAC membership includes health service executives, a consumer representative, a clinical lead and a performance management expert.
The purpose of the Agency Advisory Committee is to assist VAHI in its work to monitor and report on public and private services that support health and wellbeing to stimulate quality and safety improvements, increase transparency and accountability, and inform the community. The Committee, which meets quarterly, offers advice on the Agency’s program plans. These include the allocation of VAHI’s investments and building sector capacity to use health data.
The Committee met most recently at the end of March to discuss and provide advice on VAHI’s upcoming work, including the Health Data Integrity Plan, the Safety and Surveillance Program and the Information Management Framework.
AAC Chair, Adjunct Professor David Plunkett, Chief Executive of Eastern Health, said that it is an important time for health in Victoria.
‘To deliver better and safer care and increase the availability of timely and relevant information is challenging us all. It is exciting to be part of this journey and involved in growing partnerships between VAHI, Safer Care Victoria, the Department and health services. Our communities will realise better experiences and outcomes from the health system,’ Dr Plunkett said.
- Adjunct Professor David Plunkett, CEO, Eastern Health – Chair
- Sue Shilbury, CEO, Austin Health – Deputy Chair
- Dr Sue Matthews, CEO, The Royal Women’s Hospital
- Maxine Brockfield, CEO, Corryong Health
- Chris Trotman, CEO, South Gippsland Hospital
- Belinda MacLeod-Smith, Consumer Project Lead, Safer Care Victoria
- Professor David Pilcher, Intensive Care Specialist, Alfred Hospital
- Professor Terry Nolan, Head, Melbourne School of Population & Health, University of Melbourne
Page last updated: 04 Apr 2018