Applications are now open for our 12-week Improvement Coach program, starting in October 2021.
The Improvement Coach program is ideal for people who are responsible for coaching improvement teams and have familiarity with improvement science theory, methods and tools.
About the program
The program aims to deepen your knowledge about quality improvement and equip you with specialised skills necessary for coaching improvement teams from idea generation into action.
You will learn how to use improvement science and the Model for Improvement as a roadmap for improvement projects. You will coach improvement teams on how to develop, test, and implement changes, use data for improvement (including how to use run charts), and other key quality improvement tools.
Who should apply?
- Individuals actively supporting and coaching teams to deliver improvements. Read our Project selection guidance on how to identify appropriate improvement work to focus on during the program.
- Anyone who wants to gain knowledge and skills in coaching and facilitating improvement with teams.
How much will it cost?
Nothing! We will cover the cost for accepted participants.
What will I learn?
The program will help you:
- apply Improvement Science and the Model for Improvement as a framework for change, with additional focus on the human side of change
- describe the use of data for improvement
- collect and analyse data through this lens in service of understanding variation
- use key quality improvement tools and build confidence in coaching others to use them
- use the coaching skills to help teams develop aims, measures, and changes and test those changes through Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycles
- apply skills in team facilitation, communication, decision making and coaching to advance the team’s work
- practise the skills and behaviours needed to coach teams, as well as leaders and managers, in healthcare and other industries
- distinguish between concepts of implementation, sustainability, and scale-up.
How to apply
Applications close 30 August 2021.
Before you apply
- Read the Project selection guidance.
- Make sure you have an executive sponsor to support your application.
|Mon 11 October||8.30am-12pm||Virtual|
|Tue 12 October||8.30am-12pm||Virtual|
|Wed 13 October||8.30am-12pm||Virtual|
|Thur 14 October||8.30am-12pm||Virtual|
|Fri 15 October||8.30am-12pm||Virtual|
|1st action period call||TBC||Virtual|
|2nd action period call||TBC||Virtual|
|3rd action period call||TBC||Virtual|
|Mon 13 December||9am-4pm||In person TBC|
|Tue 14 December||9am-4pm||In person TBC|
|Wednesday 15 December||9am-4pm||In person TBC|
This virtual program will be delivered in partnership with Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
Last updated 04 Aug 2021