Applications have now closed.
The newly established Victorian Perioperative Consultative Council will oversee, review and monitor perioperative care in Victoria to improve outcomes for patients before, during and after surgical procedures.
We are currently recruiting new members to support the functions of the council and drive quality and safety improvement.
About the council
The new statewide council will combine – and strengthen – the functions of the Victorian Surgical Consultative Council and the Victorian Consultative Council on Anaesthetic Mortality and Morbidity. The council will also make recommendations to SCV, the Department of Health and Human Services and the Minister for Health to help make perioperative care safer for Victorians.
We would also like to thank outgoing Council Chairs, Assoc Prof Trevor Jones, (VSCC) and Dr Andrea Kattula, (VCCAMM) for their leadership and commitment to improving quality and safety.
As a member of the council you will play a vital role in identifying and reporting on perioperative issues across the state and work closely with leaders in the Victorian healthcare sector.
Members will be appointed for an initial three-year term.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants with:
- expertise in system wide quality and safety measures and improvement
- recent senior clinical and academic expertise in perioperative care, or relevant experience in health service management
- strategic thinking, planning and leadership skills.
- Work closely with some of the biggest leaders in Victoria’s health sector, including the Minister for Health and the Department of Health and Human Services Secretary
- Help drive quality and safety improvement in perioperative care across the state
- Advise SCV, the minister and the department on ways to improve patient experiences and outcomes.
How to apply?
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to
VPCC@safercare.vic.gov.au with ‘VPCC member’ in the subject line.
Applications close 5pm Tuesday 20 August 2019.
Appointments will be made by the Minister for Health. We will review the applications and make recommendations to the Minister for Health to ensure a broad representation.
(03) 9096 8078