This expression of interest is now closed.
Safer Care Victoria’s Critical Care Clinical Network is developing a suite of resources to support medical emergency teams. We’re looking for clinicians and consumers to join our expert working group.
What will the working group do?
In Victoria, a medical emergency team (MET) call occurs around every 15 minutes, placing a big demand on MET services across the state. We also know that resources and governance structures vary between services.
In 2017 a quality and safety project conducted baseline work to standardise MET system priorities. Now we’re looking to expand on that work.
Our expert working group will be responsible for:
- developing MET governance and home team engagement resources for all Victorian health services
- refining existing MET resources to ensure they are fit-for-purpose
- participating in activities, including regular meetings.
This phase of the project is expected to take up to three months. Find out more about the project
Who are we looking for?
- MET/critical care clinicians from:
- Health service executive staff or clinical governance committee members
- Consumers with experience of critical care or acute deterioration as a patient or carer.
- Contribute to statewide quality and safety improvement in critical care
- Help develop a standard MET governance process for Victoria
- Improve engagement between home teams and medical emergency teams.
How to apply
Download the expression of interest pack below.
Submit your application to email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 16 June 2019.
Megan Youngson, Critical Care Clinical Network
(03) 9096 8341
Expression of interest
Last updated 28 May 2019