Want to take your leadership role to the next level?
Our New to clinical leadership mentoring program, delivered in partnership with Leadership Victoria and with support from the Better Care Victoria Innovation Fund, provides a flexible development opportunity to learn from an experienced leader, strengthen your leadership capability, and achieve better outcomes in your workplace.
What our 2019 participants are saying:
“I have learnt so much in just a few sessions. My mentor is providing me lots of amazing insights and causing me to reflect on lots of different skills. I am loving it so far!”
"My mentor is knowledgeable, warm and friendly. We have met every month with emails in between. I have found it to be a very positive experience”
Mentoring gives leaders the opportunity to develop their skills and receive support through a flexible program structure.
Working one-on-one with an established, senior leader as your mentor, this program will:
- increase your confidence in engaging with the leadership elements of your role
- provide you with a safe, confidential environment to test ideas, skills, plans and strategies before taking action
- offer different perspectives and allow you to learn from the experiences of others
- develop your peer network and provide ongoing leadership support
- enhance your self-awareness through positive and constructive feedback on personal and professional development areas
- give you access to an online learning management system.
If successful, you will need to:
- commit to regular meetings with your mentor – a minimum one hour per month at a mutually convenient time over 12 months
- be available to travel to Melbourne to attend the induction session (see details below) and any other program events
- dedicate time for reading and reflection throughout the program.
Who should apply?
The New to clinical leadership mentoring program is designed for health professionals who have entered senior or executive clinical leadership roles in the Victorian public health system within the last 12 months.
Up to 40 places will be available in 2020.
Applicants will be selected based on:
- meeting the role duration requirement
- motivation and commitment to actively participate in the program
- understanding of the mentoring partnership and expectations
- executive sponsorship.
How to apply
Visit SmartyGrants to apply by 3pm on 31 January 2020 (AEDT).
Remember to include your completed Executive Sponsorship form available on the application page.
Program launch and induction
Monday 30 March 2020, 1.30pm - 4pm (revised date)
|Where||Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, College of Surgeons Gardens, 250–290 Spring Street, East Melbourne|
Answers to frequently asked questions, which includes more detailed information on the program, can be downloaded below.
To find out if this program is right for you, for application assistance, or for any other questions about the program, contact:
Safer Care Victoria Leadership and Learning team
Ph: (03) 9096 2761
Frequently asked questions - New to clinical leadership mentoring program
Last updated 02 Dec 2019
Last updated 02 Dec 2019