Partnering with the State and Commonwealth Governments, we are rolling out six incredible opportunities to partner with us in our biggest push yet to improve access and outcomes for Victorians with cardiovascular disease.
Ranging from single site pilots to statewide collaboratives, these six projects will focus on two distinct yet equally important outcomes: reducing avoidable acute care admissions and improving rural access by providing care closer two home.
Applications for the Digital cardiac rehab project are now closed.
More opportunities to come!
Three cardiac projects now open for expressions of interest:
- Heart Failure Collaborative
- Cardiovascular nurse ambassador project
- Rapid access atrial fibrillation clinics pilot
Reducing avoidable acute care admissions package
A statewide cardiovascular improvement initiative focused on ensuring Victorians receive the best possible care to keep them healthy and at home. The projects in this package include:
Care closer to home package
This package will build on and expand regional health system partnerships to deliver more comprehensive cardiovascular care in rural and regional Victoria. The projects in this package include:
- Digital cardiac rehab
- Rapid access atrial fibrillation clinics
- Digital ECG and chest pain pathway for urgent care centres
- Stroke support centres
Prevention and early detection package
The Department of Health is supporting health services to expand the uptake of screening for cardiovascular disease in rural and regional areas, with the aim of reducing premature death, disability, and preventable hospitalisations. Specifically, initiatives will:
- increase clinical engagement and education and awareness of the Heart Health Check cardiovascular disease risk assessment (MBS item 699 and 177)
- connect you to risk reduction programs, including the Life! Helping you prevent diabetes, heart disease and stroke program for Victorians at medium to high risk of developing type 2 diabetes or cardiovascular disease.
Sign up to the enewsletter to receive updates on this work.
Enduring data linkage strategy
The Victorian Agency for Health Information is also working on linking primary care and hospital data to better understand how and where people get care, with the aim to keep them out of hospital.
To receive updates on this work, email email@example.com
To make sure you are the first to know when EOIs open, subscribe to our enews (select cardiac as a specialty).