Expressions of interest have now closed.
Safer Care Victoria is reducing sepsis related mortality and decreasing variation in how sepsis is recognised and managed, through the introduction of a clinical pathway.
Sepsis is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. It requires early recognition and treatment to improve patient mortality outcomes.
To guide this piece of work, the Infection Clinical Network has established the Victorian sepsis program.
About the Victorian sepsis program
The Victorian sepsis program will provide a governance framework to support and sustain improvement across two current projects and bring them together under a single subcommittee.
Current sepsis projects
The sepsis clinical pathway has been tested through two improvement projects:
- Implementing a sepsis bundle of care in emergency departments and urgent care centres (Emergency Care Clinical Network)
- Think sepsis. Act fast scaling collaboration (Better Care Victoria innovation fund).
The Emergency Care Clinical Network introduced the sepsis clinical pathway in emergency departments and urgent care centres, while the ‘Think Sepsis. Act Fast’ project took a whole of hospital approach. Both projects have already seen positive results, including up to a 20 per cent reduction in sepsis related mortality.
As a member of the subcommittee you will:
- contribute to a statewide quality improvement initiative to reduce sepsis related mortality
- support a standard approach to recognising and managing sepsis in Victoria
- make recommendations for optimal sepsis monitoring indicators.
Who are we looking for?
- Clinical experts from medical, nursing, and allied health
- Senior doctor/nurse from an emergency department
- Senior doctor/nurse from an intensive care department
- Regional director of nursing
- Regional medical executive sponsor
- Infectious diseases and infection prevention and control consultant
- Patients and carers
- Private hospital representative
- Ambulance officer.
How to apply
Download our expression of interest pack below and follow the directions under ‘How to apply’
Applications close: Monday 8 April 2019.
Download the terms of reference below, or contact:
03 9096 3085
Expression of interest pack
Last updated 30 Jun 2017