Expressions of interest are now closed.
The Victorian Clinical Council (the council) is currently looking for 10 new members to help make our health system safer.
Supported by Safer Care Victoria, the council provides leadership and independent advice on systems-level issues in healthcare.
The council features around 70 members, including clinicians and consumers, and meets four times a year. Members are appointed for a three-year term.
- You’ll have access to some of the biggest leaders in Victoria’s health sector, including the Minister for Health and the Department of Health and Human Services Secretary
- You will help shape the strategic direction of healthcare across the state
- Be part of a group that makes our health system safer by considering systems-level issues
- Advise SCV, the minister and the department on ways to improve patient experiences and outcomes.
Who are we looking for?
We currently have vacancies in the following areas:
- nursing and midwifery (1 member)
- allied health practitioners (2 members)
- medical staff (2 members)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health worker (2 members)
- population health worker (1 member)
- private hospital CEO (1 Member)
- non-government organisation CEO (1 member)
Applications are open to those working in the public or private sector across metropolitan, regional or rural Victoria.
The council aims for a diverse membership with at least 50 per cent female members. People from culturally diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, and applicants with expertise in mental health are encouraged to apply.
What do I need to apply?
- A current CV
- A cover letter addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a member of the Victorian Clinical Council and what can you contribute to it?
- How have you demonstrated leadership in the delivery of healthcare and supported service and system level quality and safety improvement?
- What is a key challenge for the Victorian Clinical Council and how can you assist in managing this?
- How will you manage the responsibilities of participating in the Victorian Clinical Council?
Please refer to the selection criteria in the Information for applicants document to inform your responses.
How to apply
Download the Information for applicants and review the terms of reference.
You will need to create an account prior to applying.
Applications close Tuesday 21 May 2019.
Victorian Clinical Council secretariat:
Last updated 15 Apr 2019
Last updated 15 Apr 2019