We are seeking up to 10 health services to participate in an analgesic stewardship pilot program.
Is your organisation:
- a public or private health service in metropolitan, regional or rural Victoria?
- a provider of adult surgical services?
- looking to improve pain management and reduce opioid analgesic related harm in adult surgical patients?
Then we would love to hear from you!
What is the Analgesic stewardship pilot program?
An analgesic stewardship program facilitates the appropriate use and review of analgesics to optimise patient outcomes and reduce the potential for analgesic-related harm.
The Analgesic stewardship pilot program is a five-month improvement project that will introduce core components of analgesic stewardship. Up to 10 health services will participate in the initiative, with broad representation across Victorian public, private, metropolitan, regional and rural health services.
Safer Care Victoria will fund a pharmacist to lead the project at each health service. The project is planned to commence in February 2022.
Why join us?
The initiative will allow your health service to:
- build a foundation for analgesic stewardship in your health service
- improve outcomes and experiences for people in your care.
How to apply
Please note: The EOI deadline has been extended and the closing date is TBC.
- Review the information pack for further information about the opportunity.
- Complete the application form.
More information or support
If you require other options or support to complete this application, or have a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 11 Oct 2021