Safer Care Victoria is seeking expressions of interest for the Chair of the Voluntary Assisted Dying Review Board.
The Board plays a key role in promoting continuous improvement in the quality and safety of voluntary assisted dying in Victoria.
The Chair has a leadership role in the monitoring of compliance and reporting to Parliament of voluntary assisted dying activity in Victoria.
We are seeking applicants with:
- expertise in working in a high-risk legislative compliance context
- previous experience as a board chair
- capability to facilitate effective functioning of the Board, and to lead and manage meetings of the board
- experience in leading high-functioning boards that support accountability, relationships, and corporate and clinical governance
- demonstrated planning and leadership skills, strategic thinking, and experience at high-level decision making and relationship management
- significant expertise or qualifications that would be advantageous to the operation of the Board.
The role is a ministerial appointment recruited under the Appointment and Remuneration Guidelines for Victorian Government Boards, Statutory Bodies and Advisory Committees.