Applications for this program have now closed
Are you involved in healthcare improvement projects? Applications are now open to participate in our specially-designed intensive professional development program, Improvement Science in Action. Delivered in partnership with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, this program will commence in November 2018.
What is it?
The Improvement Science in Action program will offer a hands-on approach and cover the concepts, tools, and methods you’ll need to effectively drive your organisation’s improvement initiatives. Whether you are new to quality improvement or looking to deepen your experience and skills, this program will change your perspective and advance your capabilities as a leader in this area.
The program will include a three-day face-to-face session and ongoing web-based discussions. Participants will:
- plan and execute improvement projects
- shape and frame an improvement projects to increase the probability of success
- define and apply a set of measures to analyse and assess project success
- utilise the model for improvement to develop, test, and sustain reliable improvements
- understand the organisational and human dimensions of change and use them to plan and execute improvement projects.
Who should attend?
- Leaders and members of improvement teams
- Quality improvement professionals
- Clinical staff
- Senior leaders
Group enrollment is highly recommended. Participants do not need extensive knowledge of improvement science, although familiarity with basic concepts will be helpful. Each team or participant must have an existing improvement project to participate.
Participants will be required to work on implementing an improvement project over a four month period.
Participants are expected to:
- attend all three in-person days in the Melbourne CBD: 13, 14 and 15 November 2018
- be actively involved in 3 x one hour web/phone calls (one per month for three months)
- allocate a minimum of two hours per week to focus on their improvement project
- attend an end of program graduation event in March 2019 (approximately three hours) in the Melbourne CBD.
How to apply
- Download and complete the letter of support below
- Complete the online application at: www.surveymonkey.com/r/ISIANov2018
Applications close: Thursday 20 September 2018.
Visit the Institute for Healthcare Improvement website, or contact:
03 9096 1018
Letter of support
Last updated 10 Sep 2018