Safer Care Victoria is seekng a consumer representative to join the Timely care collaborative project team as a faculty member in the role of Consumer Advisor.
Are you someone who:
- Has past or current experience working in consumer engagement?
- Has primary experience in receiving care or being a carer of a person receiving health care in public hospitals in Victoria?
- Is a systems thinker?
- Has a strong desire to create change in the health system and likes to work collaboratively?
- Is available to commit to working with our project team one day per week* until 31 August 2022, including participation in virtual or face-to-face meetings and electronic communication?
Then we would love to hear from you!
*Program activity levels will fluctuate with some weeks requiring more than one day a week and others less, and it may be necessary to spread the work across multiple days of the week.
What is the Timely care collaborative?
The Timely care collaborative is focused on a system-wide approach to achieve hospital-wide patient flow and the best outcomes for patients
In 2021 and 2022, we will partner with six Victorian hospitals to address:
- Right care, right place: Patients are placed on the appropriate clinical unit with the clinical team that has disease- or condition-specific expertise.
- Right time: There are no delays in patient progression from one hospital unit or clinical area to another, based on medical readiness criteria.
- Available capacity: Ensure each unit or clinical area has some capacity at the beginning of each day.
The timely care collaborative will be co-delivered with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI).
Why take up this opportunity?
This opportunity will enable you to:
• grow your ability to influence better outcomes and experience of care for consumers.
• build knowledge and skills in the application of Improvement Science,
• grow and develop networks.
How do I apply?
Applications close at the end of Sunday 21 February 2021.
Review the frequently asked questions for further information about the role, SCV and the timely care collaborative.
Complete the expression of interest form and prepare a resume (or document that helps us understand your skills/experience) to submit with your application.
Email your form and resume/document to email@example.com
If you require other options or support to complete this application, or would like to ask any questions about the role please contact:
Phone: 0422 227 963
Phone: 0438 091 006