Please note, the closing date for this EOI has been extended to midnight Tuesday 29 June 2021.
We are seeking consumers and clinicians to join our expert working group to inform systems used by Victorian hospital services to identify and care for people with diabetes.
Are you someone who:
- is passionate about improving the health of hospitalised Victorians with diabetes?
- has experience or expertise in the identification/care of people with diabetes?
- has experience or an interest in developing and driving quality and safety improvement?
- has a strong drive to create positive, sustainable change in the health system by working collaboratively with others to achieve results?
- has lived experience, is a carer or can provide feedback from Victorians with diabetes who have been admitted into hospital?
If you have said yes to the above areas of experience, expertise or interest, then we need you!
In Victoria, a person with diabetes is much more likely to have an increased length of stay when hospitalised than a person without diabetes. This is regardless of if their admission is diabetes related.
Improved care of people with diabetes early in their admission has been shown to improve the person’s experience and confidence in the health service, reduce length of admission, and is also likely to reduce the need for readmission.
As a member of this working group, you will participate in improvement work to:
- provide advice and recommendations to enhance the care for hospitalised Victorians with diabetes
- contribute to the design and development of a pilot project for a quality improvement intervention to be trialled in a small number of Victorian health services
- provide advice on appropriate measures to monitor if improvements are being made as part of the pilot.
How to apply
Read our information pack for more information about the project and the working group.
Prepare a resume (or a document that helps us understand your skills/experience) of no more than two pages and cover letter. Your cover letter should include the following:
- Your experience in improving care for people with diabetes, or relevant lived/carer experience in the past three years.
- Your experience or capability in working with a range of different clinicians and consumers.
- Any previous examples of experience in developing and driving quality and safety improvement for people with diabetes, or lived/carer contribution or experience.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight Tuesday 29 June 2021.
If you require support to complete this application, or have questions about the expert working group please email email@example.com
Last updated 11 Jun 2021