This expression of interest has now closed.
The Paediatric Clinical Network are working to reduce clinical variation in paediatric adenotonsillectomy through a statewide project.
As part of this project we're filming short video clips to hear from parents about their experience of choosing whether or not to have their child’s tonsils removed. These film clips will be made available to other parents to help them decide if the treatment is right for their child.
We're looking for expressions of interest from parents and children who are interested in taking part in the filming, to be submitted by Monday 1 April.
Who are we looking for?
- Are you a parent/guardian of a child with sleep apnoea or recurring tonsillitis?
- Has your child had their tonsils removed in the last two years?
- Have you decided not to have your child’s tonsils removed and to wait and watch how they progress?
- Would you be prepared to be interviewed to discuss your decision making process and your child/families’ experiences to help other families?
What do I need to know?
The interview will take approximately 60-90 minutes and parents/guardians will be reimbursed for their time.
Filming will take place:
- Friday 6 April 2019 (morning) at Safer Care Victoria, 50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 3000
- Saturday 7 April 2019 (all day) at Horizon Studio, Ground floor, 150a Barkly Street St Kilda 3182
Parking available at 150 Barkly St, beside St Kilda Cycles. Tram 16, National Theatre and 96, Luna Park.
Get in touch
Please contact us by Monday 1 April if you have any questions, or are interested in participating:
Libby White, Paediatric Project Lead
03 9096 7534
Ally Botham, Project Officer
03 9096 6141