Drop-in information sessions about our new portal are now open. Register now
The way you submit sentinel event reports is changing, making it easier for health services to let us know about adverse patient safety events.
Launching in August, the new sentinel events portal will allow you to:
- manage and securely store review documentation
- designate access to nominated users in your health service
- confidentially share draft documents internally first, providing an electronic approval trail before submitting to SCV
- set alerts for upcoming due dates.
What is changing?
- All sentinel events will be submitted online.
- There will be some new fields to fill in. We have taken this opportunity to request more details from you in Parts A, B, C and the Recommendation Monitoring Report so we can better monitor trends, identify emerging risks and share information with you.
Reporting sentinel events to 30 June 2021
Please continue to use the current forms until the new portal is live.
All events reported in the 2020–21 financial year will follow the current process.
Reporting sentinel events after 30 June 2021
We will replace the downloadable forms on our website to include the additional fields.
Please use these until the new portal is available – anticipated in August.
We will transfer these forms to the portal once live, and you can continue the process from there.
Training and support in the new portal
We have scheduled four drop-in sessions to help you understand and use the new system.
Contact the Sentinel Event Program on 1300 543 916 or email email@example.com