Philip has held senior executive positions in the food manufacturing sector and economic development and tourism with experience at state and local governments. He moved into the health six years ago.
Philip has food science and human nutrition undergraduate qualifications, a business management MBA and a professional certificate in health systems management. He is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Philip has health service experience in business and operational performance and more recently improvement and innovation. He is currently a member of the Clinical Improvement, Risk and Innovation team at Wimmera Health Care Group focusing on organisation-wide improvement and innovation activities and coaching project teams.
Philip has board experience in the health sector, serving as aboard member of Wimmera Health Care Group for eight years prior to 2013. He is currently the Board Chair of a small rural health service.
- Clinical KPI Dashboard as a early warning system for any potential clinical incidents
- Improvement & Innovation Framework, a structured approach to improvement and innovation within the organisation
- No Unnecessary Tests project in the emergency department to reduce unnecessary diagnostic tests
- Manage demand in ED for quicker patient access to in-patient wards for timely care
- Enhance patient and resident dining experience
Why I do what I do
“Working to improve systems and processes so we provide safe patient care in the right place at the right time.”