James started his career as a clinical neuropsychologist working in mental health and acute medical settings, before transitioning to service improvement and redesign roles. He has spent the past four years working at Alfred Health.
James works with a team of seven to support redesign initiatives and build improvement capability. He has a particular interest in systems thinking and designing processes that support teams to deliver the best outcomes for patients.
- Bachelor of Psychology (Hons)
- Doctorate in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Master of Business Administration
- Leading the development of the Alfred Health Innovation and Education Hub, an initiative that drives new ways of thinking about innovation and learning in healthcare.
- Building the improvement capability of the individuals that work at Alfred Health and the system.
- Supporting timely, quality care for Alfred Health patients across numerous initiatives.
Why I do what I do
“I see the role of our team as being to design systems/processes that make the ‘right thing to do the easy thing to do’. I strongly believe that whole is greater than the sum of the parts within health services, so it is vital that we connect our people and provide them with the tools to innovate and improve the services we provide.“