I am registered nurse who has been at SVHM for 16 years now. I have had many different roles during my career including Nurse Unit Manager and Project Manager positions (COAG-Long Stay Older Patient initiative, SVHM Patient Flow and 1:1 Specials Project).
In 2017 I joined the Continuous Improvement team as a CI Coach not long after our organisation had commenced on our improvement journey. It is a very exciting time to be working at SVHM and being able to see how the organisation has evolved over the last few years with its approach to improvement.
The Continuous Improvement team and secondee structure has also evolved over the last couple of years and is a real strength at SVHM that enables staff capability building which is evident from the improvement work that has occurred.
- Supporting the development and ongoing review of our Daily Management System
- Supporting the pilot wards and spread and scale of Countdown to Discharge
- Supporting seconded staff through the CI team and seeing them grow and develop
- Implementation of the Increased Observation Room (IOR)
- Newly appointed Continuous Improvement Manager position
Why I do what I do
"I have always held a passion for improvement and this was very clear to me whilst in my Nurse Unit Manager position. I was always very keen to identify issues and opportunities to provide better care to our patients and create a better work environment for our staff. I think this mindset and interest has naturally led me to work in the CI team where I have had the opportunity to develop my technical skills further and gain more knowledge and experience in Improvement Methodology."