VAHI’s strategic plan sets out our roadmap for the three years 2019–22. It contains our revised mission: Delivering trusted information to inform better decisions that improve health and wellbeing of Victorians.
VAHI’s strategy considers three themes that reflect the context we operate in:
- Responding to partners’ and stakeholders’ needs
- Focusing on value and outcomes
- Understanding the patient journey.
Our work will be organised across four workstreams in order to deliver our strategy:
- Delivering the foundations: Strengthening and enhancing strong foundational systems processes and capabilities.
- Enriching our products and services: Ensuring that VAHI delivers on its current reporting scope and Targeting zero expectations, while improving on current service delivery targets.
- Enhancing impact: Focusing on new information products and analyses that lead to change in clinical practice and ultimately health outcomes.
- Broadening scope: Identifying new themes and data areas that allow VAHI to have impact beyond health and into human services.
While we will be working on all four workstreams simultaneously, the main areas of focus will shift from year to year. As detailed in the plan, our immediate focus will be on delivering the foundations and enriching our products and services. Our second and third years will then look to enhance our impact and broaden our scope.
VAHI’s strategic plan for 2019–22 has been approved by the Minister for Health.
Read our Strategic plan 2019–22.
VAHI prepares an annual corporate plan outlining the initiatives that VAHI will undertake each year to ensure the successful delivery of our strategy. It is approved by the Minister for Health and maintained as an internal plan to guide VAHI’s work.
VAHI's Corporate plan 2020-21, includes 22 initiatives critical to quality, safety and performance improvement within Victoria's health sector, all aligned to our strategic workstreams.
|Delivering the foundations||
|Enriching our products and services||
Page last updated: 24 Dec 2020