- supported Victoria’s COVID-19 response as an agency priority, providing current, relevant and meaningful data and deploying staff to support the state pandemic response team
- moved closer to a single source of truth for health quality and safety data with the launch of the VAHI Portal, accommodating COVID-19 information needs and releasing a new public-facing Victorian Health Services Performance website
- conducted the first remote data integrity audits of the Victorian Admitted Episodes Dataset in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Enriching our products and services
- launched the VAHI Data Request Hub to simplify and streamline our data request process, enabling us to deliver on 18% more requests compared to the year prior
- invested in collecting data about patient-rated quality of life after medical treatment through our patient-reported outcomes (PROs) program
- brokered access to four new registries for VAHI’s Australian-first clinical quality registry (CQR) linkage project.
- released the first Victorian Health Incident Management System statewide report in the program’s 12-year history
- co-designed improvements to the Board safety and quality report with health service board members, delivering more relevant and actionable insights
- released two issues of the Inspire: Mental health report with 11 new measures to provide a more comprehensive picture of Victoria’s mental health system
- released results of Victoria’s first in-depth investigation into food insecurity and its determinants through population health surveillance
- provided public health services with access to more timely patient experience data through more frequent reporting of the Victorian Health Experience Survey.
- developed a capability framework to specify the knowledge, skills and behaviour expected of our workforce.
Page last updated: 26 Oct 2020