The new Voluntary Assisted Dying Review Board will oversee the safe operation of the new law, once it comes into effect on 19 June 2019.
Voluntary Assisted Dying Portal
Registrations now open
Medical practitioners can now register to use our portal to access and submit forms and permit applications.
Role of the board
The board reviews and monitors voluntary assisted dying activities in Victoria.
Its responsibilities include:
- promoting and ensuring compliance with the Voluntary Assisted Dying Act 2017
- reporting to Parliament and referring any potential issues or breaches to the appropriate authorities
- collecting data about voluntary assisted dying
- providing information to the community while maintaining the privacy of individuals involved.
The board reviews all assessments and forms submitted for voluntary assisted dying retrospectively.
The board does not:
- grant or refuse applications for voluntary assisted dying
- participate as coordinating or consulting medical practitioners in voluntary assisted dying assessments.
Page last updated: 29 May 2019